Successful acquisition strategies and sale transactions are those executed by clients that are fully informed on the market, understand their financial alternatives and are guided by a team of professionals with strong experience, standards and integrity. Cedar Hill Advisors provide company boards of directors and management with advice that is centered in education, planning, strategy development and knowledge of the marketplace. The firm specializes in both buy-side and sell-side merger and acquisition advisory services.
Buy-Side M&A Advisory Approach
- Assist in fully evaluating the merits of a transaction
- Value the Target using several valuation methods, where applicable, including a dividend discounted cash flow valuation and a comparable transaction valuation
- Prepare a historical financial analysis and peer comparison of the target
- Prepare a demographic analysis, map and competitor’s analysis of proposed new banking
- Prepare a preliminary analysis of the purchase accounting impact of the merger, including estimating a preliminary core deposit intangible and other valuation adjustments
- Assist in preparation of integration cost savings analysis
- Prepare appropriate pro forma merger financial impact analysis for board consideration
- Assist in executing due diligence plan with the Company’s management and professionals team
Sell-Side M&A Advisory Approach
- Perform a review of the Company’s current and expected financial performance with the
objective of determining a valuation range
- Review the Company’s strategic alternatives regarding the possible sale of the company
- An overview of the current merger and acquisition environment;
- Identification of prospective purchasers,
- Selected prospective purchasers affordability analysis;
- Identify the objectives and concerns of the Board of Directors
- Develop a customized sale transaction process that will meet the objective of maximizing
shareholder value while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Develop a Company approved list of prospective purchasers to be contacted
- Prepare a detailed confidential information memorandum that will be distributed to prospective purchasers, subject to the execution of a confidentiality agreement, which will highlight the business and investment characteristics of the Company
- Coordinate the formal sale process and maintain primary contact with interested purchasers while continuously keeping the Company Board of Directors and management informed of all sale process activities
- Act as a financial advisor in the negotiation process working closely with the Company and the team of professionals (legal and accounting) representing the Company
- Issue a fairness opinion in connection with the possible transaction We have extensive
experience and relationships in the regional financial institutions marketplace.
- In addition to knowing the likely suitors for your institution, we also have strong relationships with some of the less obvious institutions that are looking to break into the regions banking market
- Through our strong relationships and transactional expertise, we will be able to obtain a top selling price for your institution.
- Obtaining optimal execution and maximizing shareholder value is our utmost priority.
Allow us to provide you with a Free Initial Consultation!
“Peoples uses Cedar Hill's full M&A advisory service: merger modeling, due diligence, purchase accounting fair values. Cedar Hill’s valuation experience and analytical skills are extremely strong. Understanding the impact of mergers to your financial statements and structuring transactions has become increasingly complex. Cedar Hill's understanding of acquisition fair value accounting work sets it apart from its competitors and helps us better evaluate opportunities."